Saturday, October 5, 2013

memory sketch


Often I will see a subject I would like to sketch. While waiting my turn at the hair dresser's I observed this lady seated  under lights getting her hair high lighted or streaked, what ever the current name trend. I did not have a sketchbook or pencil with me. That will teach me. I should have it with me at all times. Yet I don't like to sketch people without their consent as I think of it as intrusive .It matters not who she is or her name. I thought it was an interesting composition of weird objects hovering over her and attempted to memorize her position so that when I returned home I would do a memory sketch. Memory  sketches can be a challenge and I enjoy doing them. I was able to watch her as she was working on  her cell phone and really not moving around much. It is just a simple sketch of pencil and acrylics. I have concluded it would be fun to do a series of hair dresser sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment