Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Tyler Roses



Several years ago when we first moved to Texas I was in my car and stopped  at a traffic light when I saw this little boy selling roses near the sidewalk. It was a very hot day in Texas perhaps 100 or more degrees. This sight excited me and I thought it would be a good painting. So at home I grabbed a canvas and my son who was about the little boy's age and hurried outdoors. I did not want to lose the enthusiasm and memory of that scene. My son use to me with my art challenges sat under the umbrella and waited patiently for me to get my sketch started. The rest of the painting was from memory and I threw the dog in from my imagination. I thought he completed the picture. My son was a good model. What children will  do for artist Moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment