Friday, January 24, 2014

grackles 2




Here I go again painting those grackles that are so prevalent in our area this time of year. I mostly see them at sunset, hundreds of them flying around  and sitting on buildings and wires. I never really plan my paintings in advance. I just move intuitively across the canvas relating one object to another. As I was sitting by my easel staring at the canvas, I do stare a lot,  wondering what do I do next I began telling myself a story about the birds. What are they saying to one another? My son came over and looked at the painting and told me his  idea about the story the birds are telling. It made me wonder how many  viewers have different stories to tell than ours.  Well I am not quite finished with this painting but it shows I am working on  the 7 paintings I said were on the easel.

No comments:

Post a Comment