Thursday, February 6, 2014

Backyard cardinal in snow


When I woke up this morning and looked out the window there was snow. Snow, Snow, Snow. We have had a cold winter here in Texas. It was 19 degrees out side. The little juncos that had migrated south were huddled against our back door and wall. Maybe they should have migrated further South. I did have plently of seeds out there for them to eat so they didn't have to venture far for nourishment. The cardinal was sitting in the holly berry tree and I thought he looked very pretty. I took this photo with my cell phone camera and the color is not really good. He is seated on snow covered branches. I am working on a painting of the juncos while I can still observe them before they leave us. They usually leave in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment