Monday, November 3, 2014

pansies



Getting ready for winter and cold temperatures by planting pansies. I will be painting more pansies this winter. I love these little flowers as they remind me of my 7th grade teacher. When my mother and I would walk by her home she usually was outside tending to her pansies. She told me that the pansies were like "little faces." She was a wonderful teacher and encouraged me in my art work.One day in class she  discovered I liked to draw  On this day she was reading a story to us. During this time I would usually  doodle with my pencil. As she walked by my desk she caught me drawing. She apparently never noticed me doing this before. She said to me, " Are you paying attention?" "Yes Mam", I replied. She looked at the paper closely and then said ?Okay." Never again did she question what I was doing but from then on she would ask me to draw certain things for projects she was working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment