Thursday, November 7, 2013

Cactus and Wrens



                                                      Oil on Canvas -18" X 14"
                                                             $200.00
I saw this cactus plant  blooming in the Spring in a nearby park. The flowers appear fragile and really pretty.  The wrens are a favorite of mine as they visit our little courtyard searching in and out of the fern baskets for insects. Sometimes when I am outdoors they get a little angry with me and chatter with loud noises letting me know I have no business being in their territory. I think it is fun to observe them especially when the male builds a nest in the ferns. His female partner comes and checks out the nest and then turns up her beak and rejects it. She flies away and he  goes about finding a new place and tries to please her with a new nest. Birds and animals are fascinating creatures to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment