Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving



    Together with my muse Rusty I wish you a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day. I should introduce you to Rusty. As a tiny kitty he was abandoned in a church yard. He was rescued  and lived with my daughter and her husband until he died a few years ago. Rusty was an arrogant and proud kitty and could be down right mean. Occasionally he decided he did not like strangers and would hiss and swipe a paw at them. I noticed all Rusty's antics and decided to do a series of paintings and note cards honoring him. He became my muse and I painted him celebrating special events such as Christmas, New Years, Mardi Gras, Halloween and more. It was a sad day when Rusty died and I have not been able to continue with Rusty's various adventures. Maybe someday he will return and be my inspiration again. In this painting Rusty is thankful for the blessing he received from a good family. And I am thankful too for the blessings of family, friends, art, health, my country and many, many more blessings. .

No comments:

Post a Comment