Saturday, August 24, 2013

Celebration

   I love to grow and paint flowers and I came across this quote which I thought appropriate for today's blog and would love to share. " The artist is the confidant of nature, flowers carry on dialogue with him, through the graceful bending of their stems and the harmoniously tinted nuances of their blossoms. Every flower has a cordial word which nature directs toward him."  -August Rodin - 

   Celebration is a painting I did years ago and it  was sold. It is available in note cards. On the back of the card I wrote the following which describes the painting:  " Irises that bloom in her garden are a favorite painting subject of the artist. As the Spring breezes animate the colorful blossoms, they appear to be celebrating their short life in joyful dance. To Betty the blossoms are bursting forth in praise to their Creator. Her desire is to capture this feeling in color and rhythm on the canvas." 

No comments:

Post a Comment