Monday, August 26, 2013

ILLUSTRATING

I do not have a new painting  to post today  as I have been painting an illustration for the cover of the children's book I am illustrating for author Deneen Kirsch Gambrell. I am trying to get the musical mice to the moon and back to Mouseville. The book will have 22 pages of art work plus the cover. I have 2 pages that I have not sketched yet and when I do I will nearly be finished. It is then that I will go over  the illustrations checking that all the mice have whiskers and tails and maybe some adjustments with new ideas that have come to me over the last few months.

 When Deneen asked me to illustrate her books I did not think I could. But after a lot of thought I realized I   needed to take the challenge and proceed with the work. God opens new doors for us and we have to take that leap of faith and trust He will carry us through.  It has been an exciting journey for me and I am amazed how easy it has been. The ideas flow and the skill I have acquired over the years has been there for me. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment