Friday, August 30, 2013

Torn paper abstract iris

It has been a busy week with appointments and lunches. I continue to work on the illustrations for the children's book. Hopefully I can finish the illustrations  by the end of this month, maybe earlier.But I thought I would share a piece of art that I did in the past. My childhood friend Marjorie was very ill and as she lived in another state I felt the best way to visit with her, beside telephone conversations  was to produce several note cards each week to send to her, hopefully encouraging her. Marjorie encouraged me in my art work, We spend many times together  visiting art museums and attending concerts and plays when I visited  my home town.  I produced cards in watercolor and collage always adding  a scripture or quote to lift her spirits. Sad to say my friend is no longer with us. I still think of her and miss our conversations. . Of all the cards I produced for Marjorie I loved the image above that I called " Iris and Blackberries."   This image was done by tearing  paper shapes  from magazines. I have often thought it would make a great abstract painting and maybe someday it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment