Thursday, September 19, 2013



                                               Long Horns in Stockyard

I have been posting photos of paintings I have done in the past. Hopefully you enjoy seeing them as I do not have current paintings due to my work on illustrating children's books. This is a painting of long horn cattle in the historic Ft. Worth Stockyards. I was working in a studio gallery located in Rodeo Plaza in the heart of the stockyards. Every day to the delight of the tourists there was a long horn cattle drive down Exchange St. I didn't like to be out there when the cattle walked by. I guess being a city girl I was a little frightened of them. The men  in charge of the drive seemed to have the animals under control and I managed to stay out  there after I got use to this everyday occurrence .. It must seem strange that someone like me who had been in mobs of people at Mardi Gras parades should be afraid of being in the presence of these animals that appeared so  docile.

No comments:

Post a Comment