Wednesday, September 18, 2013


                                                   Wild Sunflowers

         This is the time of year when these wild sunflowers are blooming in large fields along the highways. They suffer through the heat and drought but always come back looking as beautiful as God planted them to be. I love to paint them as they appear swaying in the breeze, some buds, some of the blooms deteriorating but always celebrating their life glorifying God in their humble existence.But recently I noticed  that a field of sunflowers I always looked forward to seeing  has been replaced by a multitude of houses.  The highway has been replanted with a formal landscape of cedar trees and plantings from a nursery. It is beautiful and very clean looking but I am still looking around  in other locations for my wild sunflowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment